(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-6265552461186991", enable_page_level_ads: true });

Love, Lust and Infatuation

Need advice on dating? Have advice to give? This is the place!
emiliano
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Reactions:
Orientation: Gay

Re: Love, Lust and Infatuation

Post by emiliano » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:41 pm

TwisttheLeaf wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:10 pm
Axle is right, I was once in a similar position to you. Prior to meeting Gideon, I had absolutely NO interest in having a relationship with anyone. I was very happy on my own with an array of no strings attached encounters. Even after being in a relationship with Gideon, I can honestly say if it wasn't -him- it would be no one, and I would return to a life without interest in relationships should he not be in my life for some reason.

That said...

Being in a relationship with the right person can be an extremely rewarding and pleasurable experience. One that, regardless of where he and I are ten or twenty or forty years from now, I wouldn't regret for one second having had the chance to experience for myself.

Yeah i know you two have a really tight relationship. I know that im projecting a lot in this conversation, but I'm just tired of being told that theres something wrong with my priorities because ive never been in a long term relationship or because im not interested in falling in love, or sad about not having that in my life.

And if i ever unexpectedly smack into the man of my dreams who tames my heart and steals away all my time and passions, ill let you all know.

How did you guys meet, @TwisttheLeaf ?

TwisttheLeaf
New User
New User
Reactions:
Orientation: Pansexual
Mood:

Post by TwisttheLeaf » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:27 pm

emiliano wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:41 pm
Yeah i know you two have a really tight relationship. I know that im projecting a lot in this conversation, but I'm just tired of being told that theres something wrong with my priorities because ive never been in a long term relationship or because im not interested in falling in love, or sad about not having that in my life.

And if i ever unexpectedly smack into the man of my dreams who tames my heart and steals away all my time and passions, ill let you all know.

How did you guys meet, @TwisttheLeaf ?
I agree that a lot of people seem to perceive a relationship as the be-all end-all of life accomplishments. Society, the media, movies, magazines, et al help perpetuate this belief. Especially because they are being affirmed by society/media, they have a hard time understanding when they run across someone that doesn't see things the same way.

Gideon and I first met on an interactive roleplaying site. Apparently, he'd been reading my play for months before we ever got a chance to talk or play off one another. A girl who was interested in me convinced me to change from one game to another, and in this other game she introduced me to Gideon, who already played there. She was looking for a sort of "poly/trio" situation, and it backfired on her because neither of us were interested in her at all, but were drawn to each other instead.

Axle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:
Mood:

Post by Axle » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:32 pm

@TwisttheLeaf Not to get off on another subject but what exactly is a interactive roleplaying site?

TwisttheLeaf
New User
New User
Reactions:
Mood:

Post by TwisttheLeaf » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:00 pm

@Axle Interactive literary roleplay is essentially where people "write stories" together. People create characters, then take turns writing, adding to the story from one post to another. That's a storyline, and is usually based on a theme (such as a series of books, movies, or tv series) which is called a "realm".

For example, Gideon and I might create a pair of characters that we would then play in a "Trueblood" based realm, creating a storyline around those characters.

An "interactive roleplay site" is where like-minded people go to participate in that activity together.

LJay
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Reactions:
Mood:

Post by LJay » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:58 pm

@Twist, doesn;t it appear on the screen like a lsit forum, or is that old fashioned?

TwisttheLeaf
New User
New User
Reactions:
Mood:

Post by TwisttheLeaf » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:49 am

@Axle Here is a snippet of how it appears.

emiliano
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Reactions:

Post by emiliano » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:31 am

I can't read it so I'll just assume it's something dirty

TwisttheLeaf
New User
New User
Reactions:
Mood:

Post by TwisttheLeaf » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:43 am

@emiliano *Laughs* I had to shrink it to get a screen capture that would show the format.

Axle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:
Mood:

Post by Axle » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:17 pm

TwisttheLeaf wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:43 am
@emiliano *Laughs* I had to shrink it to get a screen capture that would show the format.
Should be able to upload 3 MB attachments...

That does sound neat though. I wish I had the creativity to really get into that.

LJay
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Reactions:
Mood:

Post by LJay » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:23 pm

emiliano wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:31 am
I can't read it so I'll just assume it's something dirty
That works for me!

TwisttheLeaf
New User
New User
Reactions:
Mood:

Post by TwisttheLeaf » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:05 pm

Axle wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:17 pm
Should be able to upload 3 MB attachments...
Can you tell me how to do this? I've looked for.... oh.

*Notes the tabs for options and attachments even as he's typing this.*

I'm an idiot. Nevermind. *LOL*

Anyway, that's the format. Our posts are usually at least 2 paragraphs per turn, sometimes a lot more than that, sometimes a little less. It's how we met and also one of the only things Gid and I both have a strong interest in. (ie: He's more into gaming, I'm more into gardening and crafting, etc.)

LJay
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Reactions:
Mood:

Post by LJay » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:09 pm

What sort of crafting, @Twist?

TwisttheLeaf
New User
New User
Reactions:
Mood:

Post by TwisttheLeaf » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:18 pm

LJay wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:09 pm
What sort of crafting, @Twist?
Aside from the design and hand crafting of jewelry, which I do professionally. I also do photography (macro, nature, and landscape), glass etching, pottery/ceramics... pretty much anything that catches my interest, although since I've made the jewelry thing a business, I have less time for other pursuits. I've also designed and built a few pieces of furniture, altered furniture to better suit my needs.

I also just recently was given some vintage textile paints and patterns, and I'm going to look into possibly taking that up after the holiday rush is over.

Axle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:
Mood:

Post by Axle » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:48 pm

You see, I need hobbies that can make me money (then again I could do the FAA Part 107 with the drone stuff)...

TwisttheLeaf
New User
New User
Reactions:
Mood:

Post by TwisttheLeaf » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:46 pm

Axle wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:48 pm
You see, I need hobbies that can make me money (then again I could do the FAA Part 107 with the drone stuff)...
Your photography is a creative endeavor that could make you money. If you sold prints (framed, unframed, canvas, metal, wood, etc) you could probably do quite well. Granted, starting up anything profitable takes a lot of really hard, tireless work... which can sometimes make a hobby no longer feel like a hobby, yeah?

Social Media