(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-6265552461186991", enable_page_level_ads: true });

Pose

Topics about movies and TV shows, series, documentaries.
emiliano
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Reactions:
Orientation: Gay

Pose

Post by emiliano » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:58 pm

Are any of you watching Pose? I really enjoyed the first episode of it, already love the characters.

Axle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:
Mood:

Re: Pose

Post by Axle » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:47 pm

I have not heard of it. I'll have to look it up and see what it is all about.

emiliano
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Reactions:

Post by emiliano » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:51 pm

Its a new tv show set in 1980s nyc about the ball culture. But its also about more than that. Plus the characters who are trans are played by actual trans actors, the writing staff is made up of actual trans and gay people, including Janet Mock. And it’s telling a lgbtq story from a perspective that’s rarely seen in a tv show.

The first episode really set me up with some high expectations, so I just hope the show keeps it up.

LJay
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Reactions:
Mood:

Post by LJay » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:45 am

Available online? I don't have a TV.

Axle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:
Mood:

Post by Axle » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:51 am

Looks like it comes on FX....maybe? I know stuff like DirectNOW and Sling would have FX...

emiliano
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Reactions:

Post by emiliano » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:34 pm

I watched it online from amazon. They charge 1.99 per episode but it’s probably on the free pirate sites too if that’s your thing.

Axle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:
Mood:

Post by Axle » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:40 pm

$2 an episode? Wow that’s kind of steep... I usually don’t buy or rent videos on amazon

LJay
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Reactions:
Mood:

Post by LJay » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:14 pm

Did see a trailer on YouTube.

Looks interesting.

emiliano
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Reactions:

Post by emiliano » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:31 pm

I’m still loving this show and it’s getting better and better

emiliano
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Reactions:

Post by emiliano » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:48 am

I’m so tired of people sleeping on this shit. This is the best lgbtq show I’ve seen, in that it highlights stories that aren’t usual told, it centers on characters not usually focused on, and it frames out stories in a positive way when it could so easily slip in the overplayed tragic gay storylines.

I’m drunk so I’ll say it. If this show focused on white and cis characters it’d be a hit. But it doesn’t, and that’s a big reason why I love it.

Axle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:
Mood:

Post by Axle » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:13 pm

I have the pilot I just haven't watched it yet. I promise I will before the end of the day and I will post back with my thoughts.

Race doesn't matter to me... If I like it, I like it. Right now I've been on a Drag Race binge (just finished Season 4 and I loved Latrice Royale and glad she won miss congeniality). The other thing is that it is hard for me to start new shows, but if I like it watch it all the time and follow it ruthlessly.

The struggle with the site attracting new members and keep them here. Tapatalk does help but there are many other choices that are well established. It's really me, you and LJay for the most part. I did place ads on the site which hopefully at some point I can get back a little towards hosting and associated costs. I just don't have enough time to devote to promoting the site properly. I need a way to grab people off of social media (Facebook & Twitter) and bring them here and into the discussion.

Axle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:
Mood:

Post by Axle » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:08 pm

@emiliano I wanted to let you know I did finally get around to watching the pilot. I do like it but it is definitely one of those that I have to in the mood to watch because it is an emotional roller coaster. The act of throwing a child out of a home for being gay instills a lot of anger. On GS there were several cases of where it happened to people in 2017. It just blows my mind how much HATE there is in the world today...not just back in 1987. However, it is a grim reminder that the 80's wasn't the grand old decade of Bruce Springsteen and watching Alf and Star Wars. As much good that came out of that decade there was the bad. I do feel that based on the first episode there is a lot of darkness sort to speak. I feel that there's going to be a lot bad things that are going to happen in the next 4 episodes that are out. They are long, maybe a little too long. I think they could have easily made 2 episodes out of the pilot but perhaps it would move too slowly but a lot of stuff does happen so you do have to pay attention. I do like how they gave a lot of attention to detail, the cars, even the tape deck with the VU meter in the dance scene.

Social Media