(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-6265552461186991", enable_page_level_ads: true });

Website Status

Get updates about the website, upgrades and new features here.
Axle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:
Orientation: Gay
Mood:

Website Status

Post by Axle » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:56 am

I think it would be a good idea to have a thread to keep people up to date on the status of the website.

Looks like at some point from last night to this morning the site went down for some unknown reason, wouldn't establish an HTTPS connection while the other sites were fine.

Here's the thing. The computer I am using to host my websites has started to be used for other purposes which is taxing the system which doesn't really have all that great of hardware...it's fine for just being a web server but adding things to it, not good. So having to consider upgrading or changing things again to hopefully help with speed, reliability on so on.

Axle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:
Mood:

Re: Website Status

Post by Axle » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:20 am

Well I did attempt to update the forums to phpBB 3.2.2 but due to some problems with their coding wasn't able to complete the upgrade and I think the changes are really just under the hood. Will try the update again later once they resolve some of the issues. I was able to roll back changes (good thing I back up the site all the time) and nothing was lost nor changed.

Axle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:
Mood:

Post by Axle » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:12 am

More website maintenance underway. Essnetially upgrading the server with faster CPU and more memory which should help out on all the tasks the system will be handling.

Plan on starting this tonight, which puts it at around 6 PM - 7 PM EST. Probably will be down for about an hour, maybe less.

Axle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:
Mood:

Post by Axle » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:27 pm

We're almost done with the maintianence with the server. The worst is over anyway, at this point just working out a few "bugs" the site may go down a few times before we're finished but shouldn't be for a few minutes.

Social Media