(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-6265552461186991", enable_page_level_ads: true });

Doin' it naked!

Topics relating about health, fitness, lifestyle and promoting safe sex.
LJay
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Reactions:
Orientation: Gay
Mood:

Doin' it naked!

Post by LJay » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:40 am

There was a news story on the local TV station this week about a naked yoga class that turns out to be right near me. Tempting, though I am really not that stupid. Being overweight and having bad balance would make it downright dangerous. Maybe they have tutoring for fat old guys. Can't you just see me using my oxygen machine and doing yoga??!!

Still, it is fun to wish I could. I am one of those people who hates clothes and keeps the blinds drawn in order to keep from shocking the neighbors.

Any of you folks ever get into naked night time volleyball or even Scrabble for that matter?

Axle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:
Mood:

Re: Doin' it naked!

Post by Axle » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:24 am

Well I'm sure there are yoga class, although probably not in the nude :lmao: , that are aimed at beginners or those who, like myself, lack good coordination.

As far as being in the nude. I'm friends with a couple who live on top of a mountain, have pretty good privacy... During the summertime we often all are naked playing in their pool, drinking and whatnot....and no it's not some kind of orgy or swingers party. Just able to relax without clothes or judgement, because none of us are anything close to being a model, but I can pretend right? :crazy:

emiliano
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Reactions:

Post by emiliano » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:55 pm

Call me a prude, but I have little interest in public nudity, whether its mine or someone else's.

Axle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:
Mood:

Post by Axle » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:00 am

emiliano wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:55 pm
Call me a prude, but I have little interest in public nudity, whether its mine or someone else's.
I have to agree. There are things you can't unsee. I do think the experience of say hanging out with friends you trust (who reside on top of a mountain in privacy) nude at a pool party or whatever is fine, same with a nude yoga class. Although just better hope no one had Taco Bell.

LJay
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Reactions:
Mood:

Post by LJay » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:19 pm

Well you are right! NO TACO BELL should be written into the bylaws. Of course, that is tru of th place in general.

I've just gotten used to hanging out naked because it is practical. I can set the AC up a couple of degrees. There are fewer clothes to wash at the end of the week. I can see where it may not be for some. That's OK. It does take some getting used to. Being outside can be amazing.

Axle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:
Mood:

Post by Axle » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:09 pm

LJay wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:19 pm
Well you are right! NO TACO BELL should be written into the bylaws. Of course, that is tru of th place in general.

I've just gotten used to hanging out naked because it is practical. I can set the AC up a couple of degrees. There are fewer clothes to wash at the end of the week. I can see where it may not be for some. That's OK. It does take some getting used to. Being outside can be amazing.
Also, if you live with annoying people they stop bothering you after they walk in on you a couple of times...

I think it is nice to be naked when it is warm outside...otherwise clothes are preferred.

LJay
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Reactions:
Mood:

Post by LJay » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:00 am

Indeed, I am not Scandinavian enough to roll in the snow, nor do I have a sauna. About 68 around the house is my usual borderline. However, using the fans around the house in the summer I can turn the AC a bit higher and save some real bucks.

Would be nice to hae one of those Japanese-style soaking baths to go with the routine. Japanese soaking, dressing in loose clothing and enjoying tea and conversation seems quite civilized.

Axle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:
Mood:

Post by Axle » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:05 am

Seems to be a back and forth thing with fans and AC... I'm sure no fans are created equal but seems a box fan on high is about 150 watts, not sure exactly what the energy savings are by the degree on a window unit... Eh just the noise though... Noise noise noise.

You know, I really wouldn't mind having one of those inflatable hot tubs either... Oh the wheels are turning. But yes, I would love to have a big bathroom with a tub that I can actually fit in and no that's not saying I'm fat, the tubs are really too small to enjoy and be comfortable, they're really big enough for kids.

LJay
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Reactions:
Mood:

Post by LJay » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:30 pm

Have a nice old clawfoot tub that is wonderful for lounging. I get a kick out of watching Heart Guy on Acorn TV where there is one of these tubs sitting on the patio of some of the regular characters and it is used right out in the open . Australians are great.

Instead of box fans, we have ceiling fans in a couple of rooms and use portable oscillating fans at low speed also. All very quiet.

Tell us more about inflatable hot tub. I have a good place for one in the back yard. 8 x 12 concrete pad

Axle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:
Mood:

Post by Axle » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:28 am

@LJay Coleman makes them, they're about $300-400...

Unfortunately I don't know that I have a suitable place for them and probably not the best use for my money at the moment...always something... Look for them on Amazon though, seem to have the best deals. I do hear that they sell them at Wal-Mart but my guess it that varies by location....

LJay
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Reactions:
Mood:

Post by LJay » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:05 pm

@@Axle , if I had about $400 play money, I might go for it. I had a shed in the backyard, strangely place right in the middle of things. It deteriorated and I had it pulled down. The concrete slab that is left would be perfect for an inflatable tub. Alas, I am to broke and the roomie probably would not go for it as a co-op thing. Fun idea, though.

I have a nephew who isin the pool business. Have to ask his opinion. Those little filters look like they would be pricey over time.

Axle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:
Mood:

Post by Axle » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:08 am

LJay wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:05 pm
@@Axle , if I had about $400 play money, I might go for it. I had a shed in the backyard, strangely place right in the middle of things. It deteriorated and I had it pulled down. The concrete slab that is left would be perfect for an inflatable tub. Alas, I am to broke and the roomie probably would not go for it as a co-op thing. Fun idea, though.

I have a nephew who isin the pool business. Have to ask his opinion. Those little filters look like they would be pricey over time.
Oh yeah filters, definitely. The worst are the air purifiers....

Well I have neither the $400 in play money nor the place to put it. Do ask him though. I am curious what he has to say about them, whether they're good for a couple years or just a waste of money. I have one friend who has one and the only thing I heard was it does take a long time for it to heat up to temp but was good otherwise...I'll have to get an update from him.

Social Media